Why Sing - Students' Reasons

These are actual reasons given by people who contact me about taking voice lessons:

  • I love to sing and sing all the time
  • I want to learn to sing better
  • I love to be on stage
  • I want to expand my range
  • I want to learn better breath support
  • My voice cracks when I go for high notes
  • I want to audition for shows (school, community theater, Broadway, opera)
  • I’ve got an audition coming up and want help getting ready
  • I lose my voice after our shows. What am I doing wrong?
  • I write songs and I want to be comfortable enough with my voice to be able to perform them for an audience
  • I want to be able to sing with more feeling and meaning
  • I want to learn to read music
  • I've been told I have a good voice and should take lessons
  • I've been told I'm singing wrong and should take lessons
  • I was told I was tone deaf as a child but I really want to sing. Do you think I can learn? (99.99% of the time the answer is "Yes!")
  • I have something important to say though my music, but don't know how to start
  • I've been told nobody can't understand the words I'm singing. Can you help? (Yes!)
  • I’ve never sung but I’ve always wondered if I could
  • I'm getting married and I want to be able to sing a special song at the reception
  • My husband knows I like to sing, so he bought me this gift certificate for a month of lessons
  • I've been going through some tough times lately and wanted to do something for myself
  • I want to be able to sing lullabys to my grandsons
  • They really like me at the karaoke bar
  • I want to be famous
  • I was flipping through the new phonebook and saw your ad
  • I was watching American Idol and thought, I can do that. I just wanted to find out if I really can.
  • I've been taking guitar lessons and want to be able to sing while I play
  • I’ve always wanted to join the church choir/community choir but I’m shy about my voice
  • I got a part in a show and I want extra coaching
  • I’m in a band and we’re getting ready to record our next CD
  • I want to be an really excellent singer and performer
  • Learning to sing is on my list of “100 Things to Do Before I Die”

©2007 Kay Pere ~ Effusive Muse Publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment